Lead Virginia connects leaders to shape Virginia's future.
Lead Virginia seeks to build social capital through a forum for:
- Sharing knowledge and gaining deeper insights into complex statewide issues
- Generating visionary solutions to statewide challenges
- Networking, collaborating and exchanging resources
In past years, the Commonwealth’s corporate and civic leaders knew each other by name and face. Today, that is no longer true. As Virginia has grown in complexity, with an influx of new industries and a more diverse population, combined with the impact of the global economy, leaders with a shared, statewide perspective are few.
Lead Virginia is creating a nonpartisan network of informed, active leaders with a shared vision for the Commonwealth’s future. Our graduates are challenged to work within and outside the political arena to usher in positive change for the state. Lead Virginia prepares these leaders to:
- Identify common statewide challenges, opportunities, priorities and solutions
- Understand individual challenges, priorities and concerns
- Focus more on the greater good for all Virginians and less on regional and partisan priorities when acting on the state level
- Solve problems and seek wise public policy and visionary infrastructure that will take Virginia into the future
Lead Virginia educates participants about regional differences and statewide needs through the shared experience of seven intense monthly sessions held across the state. The program is endorsed by the Virginia Chamber of Commerce and state universities. Many other states successfully organize similar programs, making this a proven model for developing a statewide network of informed and engaged leaders.