Candidates for the Lead Virginia Class of 2022 may apply by completing the online application form. Please review all information before beginning the application. Applications are due February 1, 2023. Qualified applicants will be notified of the selection committee’s decision by February 15, 2023.
Before beginning the Lead Virginia application, be sure to have the following materials ready to submit:
- A current résumé, curriculum vitae or biographical sketch
- An issue description. Describe your personal views on the following topic: What are the two most pressing issues or challenges facing Virginia today? Explain why and offer recommendations for approaching and solving these challenges. The suggested length of response is no more than a one-half page. This may be uploaded as a Microsoft Word doc, PDF, or plain text.
- A nonrefundable application fee of $100, payable by cash, check (mailed to the Lead Virginia office) or credit card. Credit cards will be accepted online, through PayPal, when an application is submitted.
Session Info & Attendance Policy
Attendance at all program sessions is strongly urged and participants who miss more than two sessions will be asked to withdraw. Note that dates and session activities are subject to change based on Covid protocols.
Review all fees before beginning the application:
- Application fee: A non-refundable application fee of $100, payable by cash, check (mailed to the Lead Virginia office) or credit card. Credit cards will be accepted online, through PayPal, when an application is submitted.
- Tuition: If selected, participants will be billed $8,500 for tuition to cover program costs, overnight accommodations and meals. If you accept the invitation to participate in the Lead Virginia program, the deadline for tuition payment is March 31.
- Payment plan options are available and must be approved by the Lead Virginia office by March 15. Contact us for more information.
Note before beginning the application: You do not have the option to save information and come back later to complete the application. After 20 minutes of inactivity, the application form will time-out and work will not be saved. Please have all of the above information ready before beginning the application and allow for at least 20 minutes to complete the application. You will receive a confirmation email after the application has been successfully submitted.